Craig Thornley, of the Willamette Pass Ski Patrol, is the Region Director for Oregon.
Home of The Oregon Region
The Oregon Region of the Pacific Northwest Division of the National Ski Patrol consists of six volunteer ski patrols in Oregon, including Mt Ashland, Mt Bachelor, Santiam Pass, Warner Canyon, Willamette Backcountry, and Willamette Pass. The Oregon Region coordinates training activities between the six member patrols and promotes outdoor recreation, safety, and public awareness of safe practices in winter and summer outdoor activities in Oregon.
Patrols and patrollers in the Oregon Region have been nationally recognized for exceptional performance. Recent awards include National Outstanding Auxiliary Patroller, National Outstanding Large Alpine Patrol, and National Outstanding Nordic Patroller.
For more information about joining NSP, contact one of the local patrols or the Oregon Region Director Craig Thornley.
Region officers, advisors and patrol directors take a break from the annual region meeting, Sunday, Sept. 22.
Power Point slides by Dr. Mathew Chase,
Keynote Speaker at this year’s PNWD Convention
PNWD patrollers recognized
Congratulations to the following patrollers who received awards at the Pacific Northwest Division (PNWD) conference, August 10, 2013, in Spokane Wash.
The Division recognizes the following 2012-2013 outstanding patrollers:
- Doug Ebeling, Santiam Pass — Outstanding Nordic Patroller
- Joe Harwood, Willamette Pass — Outstanding Instructor
- Greg Aitken, Willamette Pass — Outstanding Alpine Patroller
In addition the Division recognized the following patrollers:
- Janie San Romani, Santiam Pass — Meritorius Service Award as the OEC Supervisor
- Shelley Urben, Santiam Pass — Meritorius Service Award as the Nor'Wester Editor/Advisor
- Rich Maris, Willamette Pass — Meritorius Service Award as Awards Advisor
- Dave Brown, Willamette Pass — Meritorius Service Award as the Young Adult Program Advisor
- Cyndy Meno, Willamette Pass — Administrative Yellow Merit Star as the Womens’ Program Advisor
- Josie Elting, Willamette Backcountry — PNWD Certificate of Appreciation for three years as NSP Outstanding Awards Judge
- Bob Freund, Santiam Pass — 50 year service recognition
National Ski Patrol (NSP) 2012-2013 award winners:
- Willamette Pass — Silver Unit Citation for Outstanding Large Alpine Patrol
- Greg Aitken, Willamette Pass — Purple Merit Star
- Laurie Monico, Willamette Pass — Distinguished Service Award
Oregon Region recognizes outstanding patrollers
Congratulations to the following patrollers who received awards at the Third Annual Oregon Region Patroller Enrichment Awards BBQ, July 14, 2013. These all are now sent up to the Division level to be determined and awarded at the PNWD Convention in Spokane next month.
2012-2013 Region Award Winners
Doug Ebeling, Santiam Pass — Outstanding Nordic Patroller
Joe Harwood, Willamette Pass — Outstanding Instructor
Randy Wood, Willamette Pass — Outstanding Patroller
Hensel Maddock, Willamette Pass — Outstanding Paid Patroller
Jack Lafeman, Willamette Pass — Outstanding Young Adult
Greg Aitken, Willamette Pass — Outstanding Alpine Patroller